CurtinX Year in Review
Founded by Harvard and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) provider that hosts university-level courses in a wide range of disciplines to a global student body.
The partnership with edX provides Curtin with the opportunity to significantly increase global engagement and to showcase excellence and expertise in a number of disciplines.
Curtin was accepted into the edX consortium in May 2015, and a dedicated CurtinX team was formed in 2016. Our partnership with edX provides Curtin with the opportunity to significantly increase global engagement and to showcase excellence and expertise in a number of disciplines.
EdX membership gives Curtin access to:
- emerging learning technologies
- rich data sources
- potential partnerships with consortium partners and
- alternative entry pathways into Curtin's degree programs
CurtinX courses hosted on the edX platform appropriately reflect Curtin's strategic vision and goals including alignment with Curtin's research strengths - Minerals and energy, ICT and emerging technologies, Health, and Sustainable Development and focus on the potential of MOOCs and programs to enhance or supplement current Curtin courses.
CurtinX courses on edX include (in alphabetical order)
- EDU1x - Analytics for the Classroom Teacher
- ENV1x - Environmental Studies: A Global Perspective
- MKT1x - Digital Branding and Engagement
- MKT2x - Reputation Management in a Digital World
- TBOM1x - The Business of Mining
A MicroMasters credential in Human Rights commenced in February 2017 and includes the following three courses:
- HRIG1x - Human Rights Theory and Philosophy
- HRIG2x - Human Rights and Development
- HRIG3x - Human Rights Activism, Advocacy and Change
Six courses are in development and will be released in the second half of 2017.
Please be advised that we have a full development schedule for 2017 and will not be calling for Expressions of Interest this year.
CurtinX Year in Review
At the end of 2016, the CurtinX team produced a Year in Review document, which is available for download. It shares information about Curtin's first eighteen months as an edX partner including:
- statistics on CurtinX learner enrolments, demographics and levels of engagement
- innovative features and highlights of our MOOCs
- marketing and sustainability strategies
- details of successful collaborations with Faculties and University Marketing
- future plans for CurtinX
For further information please contact CurtinX at CurtinX@curtin.edu.au.